Chipped but not forgotten
This last year, like many of you, we've had to close up the homes of three family members who passed away. Among their things were these two chipped cups. They are so damaged that they can't be used as originally created. Because I'm so sentimental when it comes to family items, heirloom or not, it made me sad to think that these once treasured items would end up in the trash.
I took them home and they sat on the work table in my studio for weeks. I moved them from one place to another as I worked on restoring an antique mirror and some chipped plates intended to be wall hangings. The cups finally migrated to the end of the table where I store my silk flowers and found their next life.
I love tea parties. I love planning the invitations, the menus, the table decorations, and the creation of the favors for my guests.
![]() |
| Garden Party in the yard 2018 |
These little chipped cups could still serve a purpose at tea parties as either center pieces or as guest favors! I glued a small block of florist foam to the bottom of the cups and, matching the scale,
arranged cuttings of artificial wild flowers into the cup with the oriental design and the English roses in the round bowl cup making sure to cover the chips with petals, leaves and bits of Spanish moss. I can't wait to plan this year's party and add these little cups to my table!





Comments
Post a Comment